Monday, March 26, 2012

CP Week One Reflection

     Well, one week down. I think the first week went really well considering how unprepared I felt going into CP I. Last semester I felt like I knew the ins and outs of that classroom. From grading and testing procedures to the small details of day to day class procedures. This time around I feel like I am stumbling over these smaller parts of a classroom and it makes me feel less competent.
    But overall the lectures and partner work went well in my general biology classes, and I got to do a fun lab about natural selection, genetic drift, and the Hardy-Weinberg equilibrium. I loved being able to facilitate labs, you really get to mix in with the students, have more one on one discussions, and check for understanding.
    My goal for the rest of clinical practice is to incorporate more labs and simulations so that students actually have more opportunities to work with content in a hands on way. The general biology classes are so used to lecture after lecture, I hope that they would get into some alternative teaching strategies. So my plan is to work on several ideas over spring breaks and try them out when I get back.

No comments:

Post a Comment